One pot sausage and squash roast
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
One pot sausage and squash roast is the ideal midweek meal when you're looking for something easy to cook if the kids have some friends coming round after school. This one pot wonder is really easy to throw together and will certainly save on the washing up too. The tender sausages, soft squash and hint of paprika will make it a family favourite.
- 8 good-quality sausages of your choice
- 350g prepared squash
- 500g mini new potatoes, cut in half
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp paprika
- zest 1 lemon
- 2-3 tbsp half-fat crème fraîche
- few fresh basil leaves
Swap your usual sausages for Quorn sausages instead for a veggie version
- Heat the oven to 200C/gas 6. Arrange the sausages, squash and potatoes in a roasting tin and toss in the oil, paprika and lemon zest. Season well and roast for 30 mins, tossing well halfway through.
- To serve, dot the crème fraîche around the tray and scatter with basil.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 432(kcal)
- Fat 26.0g
- Saturates 9.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.