Hot croissant ring cake
IngredientsFor this Easter recipe you will need:
- 10g softened butter
- 3 x (6x42g) Jus-Roll ready-made croissant dough
- 3tbsp apricot jam
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 1tsp ground mixed spice
- 175g mixed dried fruit
To decorate, drizzle over the icing and scatter with the chopped Mini Eggs.
- Heat oven to 220C/gas mark 7. Grease a ring or Bundt tin with butter.
- Unroll each pack of croissant dough and lay together on your work surface. Pinch together the dough.
- In a small pan, melt the apricot jam with the spices and 1tbsp water. Brush the mix over the pastry and scatter over the dried fruits. Roll up the dough to create a long roll and cut into 4cm pieces. Place each roll into the greased tin and pack in tightly to create a ring.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 mins until puffed up and golden. Allow to cool for 5 mins in the tin and turn out onto a lipped plate to catch any sauce.
- In a small bowl, whisk the icing sugar and 1tbsp water to create a thick glaze. Roughly chop the Mini Eggs and set aside.
- To decorate, drizzle over the icing and scatter with the chopped Mini Eggs.