Herby stuffed roast lamb
Skill level: Bit of effort
Feed the whole family with this tender cut of lamb on Easter Sunday. Our herby stuffed roast lamb is bursting with flavour thanks to the parsley, mint, garlic and lemon stuffing. This lamb would be perfect served with roast potatoes and mixed vegetables. You can also flavour the stuffing to your taste with your favourite herbs or peppery salad leaves.
IngredientsFor this Easter recipe you will need:
- 1.5kg lamb leg, boned and rolled
- 50g baby spinach, shredded
- ½ bunch each fresh parsley and mint, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- juice and zest 1 lemon
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1tbsp cornflour
- 1tsp redcurrant jelly
If you want to stretch the gravy make up extra volume with stock and add an extra tbsp of cornflour.
- Heat the oven to 220C/gas mark 7. Unroll the lamb and season, reserving the string ties.
- In a small bowl, mix spinach, herbs, garlic, lemon juice and zest. Press the mixture into the unrolled lamb and roll back up, securing with reserved string ties. Place the joint in a roasting tin, skin side up, drizzle over the oil and season again.
- Roast the lamb for 20 mins, then turn the oven down to 180C/gas mark 4 for 30 mins for medium or 45 mins for well done. Once cooked, allow to rest for 10 mins before carving.
- While the meat is resting, make the sauce; pour the cooking juices into a small pan and bring to a simmer. Mix the cornflour with 1tbsp water to make a paste, then add to the roasting juices and bring to the boil. Whisk to prevent lumps and add the redcurrant jelly and season to serve.