Total time:plus chilling
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
- 600ml whole milk
- few drops vanilla extract
- 6 egg yolks
- 1tbsp cornflour
- 200g Nutella
- 1 loaf chocolate chip brioche
- 300mls whipping cream
- 100g bar Hazelnut Ritter Sport
Make this trifle extra naughty by decorating with Ferrero Rocher or your favourite chocolate treat
- Warm the milk and vanilla in a pan. Whisk the egg yolks and cornflour. Slowly pour the warmed milk into the eggs, whisking, then pour the mixture back into the pan. Heat, stirring, until thickened.
- Pour into a bowl and stir in the Nutella until melted and chocolatey. Cover with cling film (rest it on the surface so it doesn't form a skin) then chill until completely cold.
- Whip the cream and chop the chocolate into chunks. Layer up the trifle in a serving bowl with the brioche and custard, top with the cream and chocolate and chill until ready to eat.