Minute steak with chimichurri salsa
Skill level: Easy peasy
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chips
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil, plus a little extra
- 2 minute steaks
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp each chopped parsley and fresh oregano
- 1 fresh red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tbsp red wine vinegar
- Juice ½ lemon
- salad, to serve
If you’re feeling flash, ask your butcher for a picanha steak – a thick piece of rump that’s particularly tender.
- Heat the oven to 200C/gas 6. Toss the sweet potatoes with the sunflower oil on a baking tray, season well, then roast for 30 mins. Rub the steaks with a little of the oil, paprika and seasoning, then set aside.
- Make the salsa by mixing the herbs, chilli, garlic, olive oil, vinegar and lemon; season.
- Heat a griddle or frying pan until very hot and cook the steaks for 1 min each side. Transfer to a warmed plate to rest for a couple of mins. Serve with the salsa, sweet potatoes and salad on the side.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 510(kcal)
- Fat 23.0g
- Saturates 5.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.