Mac 'n' veg bake
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
- 250g pasta shapes
- 2x350g tubs cheese sauce
- 200g cauliflower, separated into small florets
- 50g curly kale
- 1 courgette
- 2tsp light olive oil
- 75g grated cheese (eg Cheddar, Parmesan, Gruyère)
If making ahead and reheating, you need to bake until piping hot, around 30 mins.
- Heat the oven to 200C/gas mark 6. Boil the pasta shapes according to the packet instructions, then drain and mix with the cheese sauce. Meanwhile, steam the cauliflower florets for 5 mins, adding the curly kale for the last 2 mins.
- Stir the vegetables into the pasta, then tip the mixture into a large, ovenproof baking dish.
- Grate the courgette and toss with the olive oil. Scatter the grated courgette over the pasta, then top with the grated cheese. Bake for 15 mins, until the cheesy topping is golden.