American chicken burger
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
This hearty American chicken burger is the perfect burger recipe for enjoying in the summer months cooked on the BBQ. It only takes 35 mins to prepare and cook, so you'll have a delicious chicken burger in no time! This recipe serves 4 people, so it's ideal if you're cooking an al fresco BBQ meal for your family. To give these burgers a special crunch, we toast the ciabatta rolls before assembling the burger - trust us, it'll make all the difference. Then all you have to do is layer up the toppings on top of the grilled chicken breast - mayo, tomato, lettuce, bacon and avocado, and chilli jam. Serve with chips, homemade 'slaw and freshly prepared salad. The kids will love it!
- 4 chicken fillets
- 2tsp chicken seasoning
- 1tbsp rapeseed oil
- 4 rashers maple cured bacon
- 4 ciabatta rolls, halved
- 4 tbsp reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 beef tomato, sliced
- 1 Little Gem lettuce, leaves separated
- 1 avocado, quartered, peeled, sliced
- 4 tbsp chilli jam
These burgers can be cooked on the BBQ.
- Heat a griddle or grill pan. Sprinkle the fillets with chicken seasoning and black pepper. Drizzle both sides with oil.
- Grill or griddle chicken for 15-20 mins until golden and cooked through. Meanwhile, cook the bacon for 10 mins.
- Toast the ciabatta rolls. Smother the split baps with mayo, then layer up tomato, lettuce, chicken, bacon and avocado, finishing with the chilli jam.
Why not try our classic chicken burger recipe too?
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 535(kcal)
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.