Greens with miso dressing
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
- 250g runner beans, trimmed and sliced
- 250g fresh or frozen peas
- 60g walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 60g pea shoots
For the dressing:
- 4 tbsp brown rice miso paste
- 3 tbsp dry sherry (or sake)
- 4 tbsp mirin rice wine
- 1 level tbsp dark brown soft sugar
Try adding sautéed onion or spring onions to add extra flavour.
- To make the dressing: whisk the miso, sherry, mirin, and sugar in a small pan. Put over a low heat and simmer for 7-10 mins, until thick and syrupy and reduced by about half. Take off the heat and cool.
- Add the beans to a pan of boiling salted water and cook for 2 mins. Add the peas and cook for 2-3 mins more. Drain and refresh under cold running water. Pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Put the veg into a large bowl. Add the walnuts, then stir in the dressing, adding the rice vinegar. Gently stir in the pea shoots. Serve straight away.