Goats’ cheese and sundried tomato risotto
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 stick celery, chopped
- 350g risotto rice
- 200ml white wine
- 1l veg or chicken stock, hot
- 50g butter
- 25g Parmesan, grated
- 4 slices goats' cheese
- 100g goats’ cheese, diced
- 100g sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 50g rocket
Any leftover risotto store in an airtight Tupperware in the fridge for up to 2 days making sure you reheat throughly before serving.
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy-based pan and gently cook the onion and celery until softened. This will take about 10 mins.
- Stir in the risotto rice and cook for 1 min. Add the wine and cook, stirring, until absorbed.
- Next, start adding the stock a ladleful at a time, stirring frequently, only adding more once the liquid has been absorbed by the rice. Stir in the butter and Parmesan, check the seasoning and and serve.
- Drizzle the goats’ cheese slices with a little olive oil and grill until golden. Meanwhile, stir in the chopped goats' cheese, 25g grated Parmesan and chopped tomatoes. Serve with the rocket and grilled cheese.