Mini potato and pepper frittatas
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
- 600g new potatoes, unpeeled
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions, peeled and chopped
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 6 large eggs, beaten
Swap the peppers for other veggies like spinach, asparagus or tomatoes instead
- Heat the oven to 180C/gas mark 4. Pierce the potatoes several times with a fork, then microwave on high for 10 mins.
- Cut the potatoes into cubes. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and fry onions for a few mins, then add the potatoes and cook for 5 mins to brown them. Add the red pepper and cook for 5 mins.
- Season eggs well. Divide potato and onion mixture between tins, then carefully pour in the beaten egg.
- Bake for around 15 mins. Leave to cool for a few mins, then run a knife around each one, and lift them out. Serve hot or cold with salad.