Creme Egg chocolate cookies
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Creme Egg chocolate cookies are really simple to make and are a sweet and delicious Easter treat with a cuppa. Ready in just 20 mins, these speedy cookies are perfect for sharing. The kids are going to love them!
IngredientsFor this Easter recipe you will need:
- 100g butter
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 med egg
- ½tsp baking powder
- 175g plain flour
- 25g cocoa powder
- 8 mini Creme Eggs
Replace the cocoa powder in this recipe for plain flour instead to make plain cookies. You could also add 100g chocolate chips to the mix to make them even naughtier
- Preheat oven 180C/gas mark 4 and grease a baking tray with butter or line with greaseproof paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the ingredients together with a wooden spoon or clean hands to form a dough. The dough should be firm. If too sticky, add more flour.
- Break off some of the dough and roll in your hands to form golf ball-sized pieces. You should make 8 in total. Pop them onto the baking tray.
- Cut the 8 mini Creme Eggs in half and push 2 halves into each cookie to flatten the cookie dough a little. Put into the oven and cover with a sheet of greaseproof paper.
- Bake for 7 mins. Leave to cool on the baking tray for about 20 mins before using a spatula to transfer the cookies onto a wire rack to cool completely.