Creme Egg pain au chocolat
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
If you’re looking for an extra sweet, naughty treat for Easter morning, try easy to make Creme Egg pain au chocolat. Ready in just 30 mins, these delicious pastry wraps hide a gooey warm Creme Egg. Drizzle with chocolate and serve.
IngredientsFor this Easter recipe you will need:
- 1x pack Jus-Rol puff pastry
- 1x egg
- 12 mini Creme Eggs
- 6 squares chocolate, melted, or 1tbsp Nutella for decoration (optional)
These Creme Egg pan au chocolat are best eaten fresh.
- Preheat the oven 180C/gas mark 4 and line a tray with greaseproof paper.
- Unroll the pack of Jus-Rol pastry and cut into 6 rectangular strips measuring 17.5cm x 8cm.
- Whisk the egg in a small bowl and brush onto the edges of strip.
- Place 2 Creme Eggs onto one strip of pastry. Roll the left edge of the pastry around the first Creme Egg reaching the middle. Continue to wrap the pastry over the second Creme Egg, meeting the right edge of the pastry. Repeat this process 5 more times to create 6 Creme Egg pan au chocolats.
- Spread out evenly onto the baking tray and bake in the oven for 15-20 mins until golden.
- Leave to cool before serving or drizzling with melted chocolate or Nutella.