Creme Egg white chocolate rocky road
Prep time:plus setting time
Costs: Cheap as chips
Skill level: Easy peasy
Creme egg white chocolate rocky road is the dream of any sweet-tooth. Made with Creme Eggs galore, you will become any kidís hero after making this delicious Easter treat for them. This white chocolate rocky road is very quick to make - it can be rustled up in just 15 mins and left to set before cutting into squares and serving. You will only four ingredients for this cheap recipe that can serve 9 to 12, so itís a bargain! We used gingernut biscuits but you can pick whichever biscuits you prefer, so this could be a great opportunity to innovate with your favourite flavours, or get the kids or the rest of the family to choose from the biscuits they like the most. For the icing, you can also get them to choose between melted chocolate and Nutella Ė thatís a tough one! This quick and easy white chocolate rocky road is the perfect lunch box treat to get the children excited about lunchtime every day, but it will also be a guaranteed bake sale success around the Easter holidays.
Swap the white chocolate for milk or dark instead. The choice is yours.
IngredientsFor this Easter recipe you will need:
- 450g white chocolate
- 100g biscuits, broken into pieces (we used gingernut biscuits)
- 50g mini marshmallows
- 16 mini Creme Eggs, crushed or halved
For the decoration:
- 1tbsp icing sugar
- 1tsp orange food colouring
- 4 squares milk chocolate, melted, or 1tbsp Nutella
- Line a 21cm x 21cm tin with greaseproof paper.
- In a large microwavable bowl, add half of the chocolate. Melt in the microwave on a low heat, stiring every 10 seconds until melted. Add the rest of the chocolate and stir to melt slightly. Give it a few more seconds in the microwave until fully melted. Leave to cool for 5 mins.
- Pour the biscuits and marshmallows into the chocolate, add 8 mini Creme Eggs and save the rest of decoration. Mix until all the ingredients are covered in chocolate.
- Pour into the tin and decorate with the rest of the Creme Eggs.
- For the decoration: To make the orange icing, mix the icing sugar in a bowl with the orange food colouring and 1tsp water then drizzle over the rocky road. Drizzle over the melted chocolate or Nutella.
- Pop into the fridge and leave to set for about 1hr. Cut into pieces using a warmed knife.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.