Ice cream Creme Eggs
Total time:plus freezing
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Learn how to make your own ice cream Creme Eggs with this simple recipe. Each chocolate egg is packed with a sweet vanilla ice cream and passion fruit curd so it looks exactly like the real thing! A fun dessert for the kids on Easter Sunday - or of course, you can make them ahead as they'll keep in the freezer.
IngredientsFor this Easter recipe you will need:
- 4 hollow chocolate eggs (roughly the size of a hen's egg)
- 4-6tbsp vanilla ice cream
- 2tsp passion fruit curd, or lemon curd
These homemade Creme Egg ice creams can be kept in the freezer for up to 2 days.
- Cut the tops off the hollow chocolate eggs using a sharp knife. Use a teaspoon or melon baller to fill the chocolate eggs with ice cream.
- Set aside in the freezer for around 20 minutes to firm up. Scoop out a little bit of the ice cream from the centre of the eggs and fill with a little passion fruit or lemon curd.
- Set aside in the freezer until ready to eat.