Creme Egg croquembouche
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Creme Egg croquembouche stacks readymade profiteroles decoarted with a fun Easter twist with Creme Eggs for a dessert tower that is guaranteed to impress. It will certainly turn a few heads when served. Decorate with Creme Eggs until your heart's content.
IngredientsFor this Easter recipe you will need:
- 20-30 ready made profiterole choux buns, or make your own
For the egg splat topping:
- 100g icing sugar
- few drops yellow food colouring
For the chocolate topping (if you make your own choux buns):
- 100g icing sugar
- 1tbsp coca powder
- 6-12 Creme Eggs, unwrapped
- 1x 100g bag mini Creme Eggs in wrappers
You will need:
- piping bag, with the tip cut to 5mm wide
Tesco sells a croquembouche kit (you will only need a third or half the choux buns and wonít need the caramel sauce.
- If youíve bought profiterole choux buns covered in chocolate, carefully scrape the chocolate topping off half. Or make your own choux buns and leave to cool.
- For the egg splat topping: Mix 75g icing sugar with 1tsp water or as needed so itís thick but still slightly runny. In a separate bowl, mix the rest of the icing sugar with the yellow food colouring and a few drops of water to the same consistency.
- Spoon a little of the white icing over the uncovered choux buns or half the undecorated batch youíve made. Set aside on a wire rack for 1 minute then use a teaspoon or piping bag to dot a little of the yellow icing in the centre, like a yolk. Leave to set completely.
- If you made your own choux buns, make the chocolate topping to cover the remainder. Mix the icing sugar with the cocoa powder and 1tsp water or as needed so itís thick but still slightly runny. Spoon a little over the undecorated choux buns and leave to set completely - if your readymade choux buns came with their own chocolate sauce, use it as the topping for the choux buns instead.
- Stack the profiteroles and Creme Eggs to make a tower. Use any extra icing to help stick them in place if necessary. Add the mini Creme Eggs in their wrappers to decorate.