Pina Colada drizzle cake
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Pina Colada drizzle cake is a must if you love the famous Pina Colada cocktail and the sponge is decorated wth pineapple and coconut. This fun bake tastes just like holidays
- 1 x drizzle loaf cake, with 1tsp pineapple juice instead of the finely grated rind of 1 orange in the sponge
For the drizzle:
- 50ml pineapple juice
- 3tsp coconut rum
- squeeze of lime juice
For the decoration:
- 65ml coconut cream
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- 2 slices fresh pineapple, quartered
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut, toasted
- zest of 1 lime
For a non-alcholic version, leave out the coconut rum and use more pineapple juice instead.
- Follow the drizzle loaf cake recipe to the end of step 1.
- Bring the pineapple juice, rum and lime juice to the boil until slightly thickened. Pour over the hot cake when it's still in the tin and allow to soak in. Allow to cool and remove from the tin.
- In a small bowl, mix together the coconut cream and sugar. Drizzle over the cake and decorate with remaining ingredients.