Slimming World's apple posset
Total time:plus chilling time
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
This guilt-free Slimming World's apple posset are so simple to make and taste delicious too. They're a light dessert that the whole family can enjoy. Possets have been on the menu in Britain for hundreds of years, although originally they were served as sweetened drinks to cure colds! The modern version is a deliciously light pud with a hint of lemon that will really put a spring in your step.
- 4 large apples, peeled, cored and chopped, plus sliced apple to decorate
- 2 tbsp sweetener
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 large egg whites
- Mint sprigs, to decorate
Pregnant women, the elderly and babies are advised not to eat raw or partially cooked eggs.
- Put the apples in a saucepan with 150ml of water and a tablespoon of the sweetener. Bring to the boil over a high heat, reduce the heat to low and cook for 10 minutes or until tender.
- Transfer the apples to a food processor and blend until smooth. Sieve the mixture into a bowl, stir in the lemon juice and set aside to cool.
- Whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form then whisk in the remaining sweetener until the mixture is shiny and stiff.
- Carefully fold the egg whites into the apple mixture until well combined then spoon into chilled dessert glasses or bowls.
- Chill for 2-3 hours and decorate with apple slices and mint sprigs to serve.
For more delicious recipes or to find your nearest Slimming World group visit the Slimming World website