Brussel sprout, sweet potato and tomato salad
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Sweet potato is my favourite root veg as it's much less starchy than regular white potato. Sprouts are an amazing veg packing their punch with heaps of vitamin C and K.
- 500g brussel sprouts
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 100g cherry tomatoes
- 4 spring onions
- 2tbsp melted coconut oil (or butter)
- 1tsp chilli flakes
- Salt and pepper
- 1 lemon
- 3tbsp olive oil
- 1 handful of crushed walnuts
This salad is best eaten fresh on the day but any leftovers pop into airtight container and store in fridge for up to 1 day
- Set your oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas mark 5.
- Cut the brussels in half and and the sweet potatoes into chip size pieces.
- Place on a roasting tray with the coconut oil, salt and pepper. Mix well so that the vegetables are well seasoned and oiled up, roast for 35-40 minutes until both are cooked through.
- Cut the tomatoes in half and the spring onions finely.
- Mix the olive oil, lemon and a pinch of salt together- this is your dressing.
- Throw the roasted veg with the chilli flakes, tomatoes, spring onion, lemon dressing and walnuts. Serve warm.
Madeleine Shaw is an ambassador for the Better with BRITA campaign. For more recipes, healthy tips and videos visit www.brita.co.uk/betterwithbrita