Poached eggs with tomato and rocket on a buckwheat pancake
Skill level: Bit of effort
Costs: Cheap as chips
'I love having eggs for breakfast, they're full of protein and fuel me for the rest of the day. I especially like to have this breakfast after a workout. You can make a few of these wraps and then use them for lunch too! I love to wrap them with smoked salmon and avocado for a great lunch or mid afternoon snack.' says Madeleine Shaw.
IngredientsFor the pancakes:
- 2 cups buckwheat flour
- A pinch of sea salt
- 3 cups BRITA filtered water
- 1 free range egg
- Coconut oil for greasing
- 2 large eggs
- apple cider vinegar
- 20g cherry tomatoes (chopped roughly)
- A handful of rocket
- 50ml coconut milk
- Ĺ tsp turmeric
- 1 TBSP tahini (or other nut butter)
- sea salt
When turned into a wrap, this doubled up as a perfect high-protein, post workout snack at any time of day!
- Place flour and salt in bowl; add the filtered water in slowly mixing thoroughly.
- Add in the egg and mix into a batter.
- Place in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Ladle a small amount of the batter into a pre heated pan that has been greased with coconut oil (only a tsp). Donít make them too big as it makes it harder to flip well.
- Cook until the bottom starts to brown, then flip over and cook the other side (about a minute or so)
- Repeat this with the rest of the mixture, doing one at a time.
- Allow to cool, then enjoy or refrigerate in an airtight container.
Madeleine Shaw is an ambassador for the Better with BRITA campaign. For more recipes, healthy tips and videos visit www.brita.co.uk/betterwithbrita