Healthy folded eggs with asparagus and avocado puree
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
'I love folded eggs; they are pretty much just glorified scrambled eggs. Done with a smooth hand, they create a nice velvet texture. Asparagus is an amazing detoxifyer for the body. That?s why your pee always smells afterwards! Top tip: make sure you are getting a good dose before you hit the beach- models always consume it before a photo shoot!' says Madeleine Shaw.
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 4 eggs
- 100ml almond milk (organic milk, coconut milk or rice milk)
- pepper and sea salt
- coconut oil
- olive oil
- 1/4 avocado
- chilli flakes
- 1 lemon
Make sure you take your times with the egg-folding - a steady hand makes the difference between a fancy fold and having to settle for scrambled!
- Cut the stems off the asparagus. Steam your asparagus in a little water for 5 mins.
- Whisk two eggs in with 50ml of milk, a good pinch of sea salt and fresh pepper.
- Heat 1 TBSP if coconut oil in a pan on a medium heat. Allow the eggs to cook for 15 seconds, then fold the eggs gently with a wooden spoon, moving the sides of the eggs to the centre letting the uncooked egg mix run into the spaces created. Gently keep folding until layers get created.
- This technique should be similar to scrambling but with more elegance and kindness.
- Don't overcook, leave them quite runny.
- Repeat with the rest of the eggs and milk (for the second person)
- Mash the avocado with a tbsp of olive oil and a tsp of chilli flakes.
- Plate the asparagus, eggs and avocado dressing evenly on two plates. Sprinkle over olive oil, sea salt and pepper.
- Mix together and enjoy with a side of fresh lemon.
Madeleine Shaw is an ambassador for the Better with BRITA campaign. For more recipes, healthy tips and videos visit www.brita.co.uk/betterwithbrita