Spinach and cashew nut roast
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
The perfect vegetarian dinner party dish. Its nutty, crunchy and full of essential fatty acids to help your skin glow. This recipe serves 4 people and takes 1 hour to whip up. It's well worth the wait.
- 200g fresh spinach leaves
- 275g roasted cashew nuts
- 1 white onion (finely chopped)
- 2 carrots (grated)
- 200g tinned tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1 free-range egg, beaten
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 25g chopped parsley
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- coconut oil
This dish goes perfectly with a mushroom sauce or lovely onion gravy.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas mark 4.
- Chop up the spinach finely.
- Place the spinach, cashews, garlic and chilli in the food processor and blitz for one minute.
- Tip this into a bowl with the tomatoes, carrot, onion, egg, parsley, salt and pepper. mix well.
- Grease a loaf with coconut oil or butter.
- Pour the mixture in and cook for 50 minutes.
- Take it out and serve with some fresh olive oil, salt and more chopped cashews
Madeleine Shaw is an ambassador for the Better with BRITA campaign. For more recipes, healthy tips and videos visit www.brita.co.uk/betterwithbrita