Pancakes with strawberries and coconut cream
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
'On the weekend I love to make something special for breakfast like my healthy crepe recipe. The mix is made from vitamin E, rich almond milk and buckwheat flour. Buckwheat flour is awesome and I use it in many of my dishes, its reasonably priced and easy to find nowadays.' says Madeleine Shaw.
IngredientsFor the pancakes:
- 225ml almond milk (or other milk of choice)
- 4 eggs
- 125g buckwheat flour
- 2 pinches of salt
- Coconut oil
- 100g strawberries
- 300g coconut yogurt (I love Coyo)
- Maple syrup or honey
- Toppings – cacao nibs, goji berries, nuts, seeds…
Experiment with a variety of toppings. We have given you just a few of the endless possible topping combinations!
- For the crepes: Whisk the eggs and milk in a large bowl, slowly shift in the flour and a pinch of salt.
- Heat 1 tbsp of coconut oil in a pan on a medium heat, swirl the oil around to cover the pan.
- Pour about 50ml of the batter onto the pan making sure the mixture is distributed evenly. When the edges are set and they start to curl up (after just under a minute) flip over and cook for 30 seconds, then fold in half.
- Repeat this same procedure for the rest of the mixture.
- To serve, open up each crepes, smear in the coconut yogurt, a drizzle of honey and the strawberries, fold in half then into quarters and serve. The wet mix will keep in the fridge a few days so you can enjoy them a few times more.
Madeleine Shaw is an ambassador for the Better with BRITA campaign. For more recipes, healthy tips and videos visit www.brita.co.uk/betterwithbrita