Poached eggs, avocado and miso sweet corn puree
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
This Asian egg dish is fantastically light and creamy. It's really easy to make serving 1 person. If you'd like to serve for more, double up the recipe quantities accordingly. This dish can be ready in just 12 mins.
- 1 egg
- 1 small can of sweetcorn (drained)
- 1 tbsp miso paste
- 1/2 an avocado
- 1 lime
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 220ml BRITA filtered water
Remember to use filtered water, in order to avoid giving your egg a nasty metallic taste.
- Boil 200ml of BRITA filtered water in a pan and add a pinch of salt. Crack the egg into a ramekin then pour it into the pan. Poach for 2 minutes so it is still gooey in the middle.
- Cut the avocado into slithers and place on the plate, cover in 1/2 the lime juice and salt.
- Place the other half of the lime juice, sweet corn, 1/ tbsp of miso in the blender and blend until smooth, place onto the plate with the avo.
- Place the rest of the miso paste with the sesame oil, garlic and vinegar in the blender. Blend until smooth and pour over the plate with the freshly poached egg.
Exculsive #BetterwithBRITA recipe by Madeleine Shaw.
Madeleine Shaw is an ambassador for the Better with BRITA campaign. For more recipes, healthy tips and videos visit www.brita.co.uk/betterwithbrita