Chickpea pasta with roasted sweet potato and sage
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
This is another great alternative for pasta made from chickpeas, it is also gluten free. Teamed with the fresh sage and sweet potato it's the perfect Sunday comforting dish to start your week off healthy.
- 200g of chickpea pasta
- 1 clove of garlic (crushed)
- 400g can of chickpeas
- 1 large sweet potato (or two small)
- 3 tsps coconut oil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pinch of chilli flakes
- 4 sage leaves
Chickpea pasta is versatile enough for leftovers to be warmed up and tried with a variety of different accompanying sauces.
- First, cut the sweet potato into small cubes. Heat 1 tsp of coconut oil in a pan and sauté the sweet potato with a pinch of salt for 20 minutes until cooked through.
- Place the sweet potato to the side and pop the chickpeas, 1 tsp of coconut oil, the garlic and the chilli flakes into the same pan and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Boil the kettle using filtered water and add this with a pinch of salt into a pot, add in the pasta and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Drain the pasta then pop it back into the pot, add in the sweet potato, olive oil and chickpeas. Give them a good stir, pop the lid on and keep them on a low heat until the sage leaves are done.
- Heat a pan with 1 tsp of coconut oil and fry your sage leaves. Serve the pasta into bowls and place the leaves on top.
Madeleine Shaw is an ambassador for the Better with BRITA campaign. For more recipes, healthy tips and videos visit www.brita.co.uk/betterwithbrita