One-pot Italian-style mussels
- 3tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 anchovy fillets in oil
- 3tbsp ‘dry’ pitted olives, sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 large plum tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 150ml dry white wine
- 1kg cleaned mussels
- crusty bread or skinny fries, to serve
If you are a real mussel lover just serve this dish for two.
- Heat the oil gently in a very large pan or stock pot. Add the anchovies and cook over a low heat for a few mins, until they begin to break up. Add the olives, garlic, bay leaves and tomatoes, and cook for 5 mins. Pour in wine and simmer for 5 mins.
- Add the mussels, stir well, cover with a lid and cook over a medium-high heat for 5 mins, shaking the pan occasionally. Once all the mussels have opened, serve straight away in warmed bowls with the crusty bread or some fries – or both!
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 218(kcal)
- Fat 13.0g
- Saturates 2.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.