Quick-fry lemon sole with shrimp and caper butter
Skill level: Easy peasy
Our quick-fry lemon sole with shrimp and caper butter is a tasty supper served with boiled potatoes and a light salad. Serving 4 people, this delicious piece of fish is bursting with flavour. Cooked to perfection, you're sure to make this recipe time and time again. A portion of this recipe works out at only 280 calories per serving.
- 50g butter, plus extra for frying
- 2tbsp capers, roughly chopped
- 1tbsp finely chopped curly parsley
- 4 boneless lemon sole fillets
- 2tbsp plain flour
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 57g tub potted brown shrimps
- ground white pepper
- ½ lemon
- boiled potatoes, to serve
This fish is perfect served with boiled potatoes and salad.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan. Add the capers and heat through for a few mins, then stir in the parsley and set aside.
- Pat the fish dry with kitchen paper and set aside. Sprinkle the flour onto a large plate and season with cayenne pepper and salt and pepper. Dip the fish into the flour to lightly coat both sides.
- Heat a knob of butter in a large frying pan and once foaming, add the fish, skin-side down. Cook for 2 mins, turn over and cook for a further 1-2 mins until just cooked through.
- Add the shrimps to the caper butter, season with pepper and a squeeze of lemon; heat through gently. Serve with the fish and the boiled potatoes.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 280(kcal)
- Fat 15.0g
- Saturates 8.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.