Prawn and squash curry
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Prawn and squash curry is full of flavour, so good for you and works out at just 291 calories, 3 of your 5-a-day and only £2.31 per serving. This curry is much healthier than your average takeaway and it takes just 25 minutes to make.
- 3tbsp balti curry paste
- 1 medium butternut squash, cut into 1.5x4cm chunks
- 400g tin reduced-fat coconut milk
- 400g bag raw peeled prawns, defrosted if frozen
- few sprigs of basil, roughly chopped
- 250g spinach
- basmati rice, to serve
Vary the curry paste for a different flavour – for instance, tikka is much sweeter.
- Heat a large wok or saucepan, add curry paste and cook for 1 min until fragrant, add squash and coconut milk, bring to the boil, then simmer, covered, for 15 mins until tender. Add remaining ingredients (except rice), stir and cook for 3-4 mins, until prawns are cooked through.
- Cook rice according to packet instructions and serve with the curry spooned over.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 291(kcal)
- Fat 13.5g
- Saturates 9.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.