Cheese, tomato and ham deli tart
Skill level: Easy peasy
Delicious cheese, tomato and ham deli tart is really simple to make using ready rolled puff pastry and soft cheese for the base. Top your tart with fresh rocket leaves, tomatoes and lovely Parma ham pieces. This easy tart can be made in just 35 mins and is perfect served with salad and new potatoes. It's a tasty picnic treat or spring Sunday lunch that the whole family can enjoy together. The sweetness from the tomatoes and saltiness of the Parma ham work wonders together.
- 320g ready rolled puff pastry sheet
- 2 x 150g tubs curd cheese or soft goats' cheese
- 75g sun blushed tomatoes, oil reserved
- 8 slices Parma ham, torn
- small handful rocket
This recipe uses readymade puff pastry which speeds up the prep time!
- Heat oven to 200C/gas 6. Unroll the pastry and trim the edges. Mark a border 2cm from the edge. Score the centre of the tart base and prick all over with a fork.
- Brush the border with a little milk for an even golden colour, if you like. Bake for 20-25 mins, until puffed up and golden.
- Meanwhile, mix the curd cheese with 1tbsp oil from the sun blushed tomatoes.
- Remove the pastry from the oven and transfer to a board. Spread the curd cheese mix in the centre of the tart and scatter with the tomatoes, torn Parma ham and rocket. Drizzle over a little extra tomato oil to serve.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 476(kcal)
- Fat 28.0g
- Saturates 13.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.