Mozzarella and pesto stuffed mushrooms on toast
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
- 8 Portobello mushrooms, wiped clean
- 3tbsp olive oil
- 120g smoked bacon lardons
- 145g pot basil pesto
- 125g ball mozzarella, torn
- 4 slices sourdough bread, toasted
- 110g bag mixed salad
These stuffed mushrooms would make a great starter - just leave out the toast so you don't fill your guests up too quickly!
- Heat oven to 200C, gas 6. Put the mushrooms bottomside up on a wire rack over a lined baking tray and drizzle over 2tbsp oil, turn over and divide the lardons between the mushrooms and bake for 8-10 mins until beginning to cook through and crisp.
- Top each mushroom with 1tbsp pesto and the torn mozzarella, return to the oven for 4-5 mins until golden and bubbling.
- Toast the bread and serve with a couple of the mushrooms and a side salad.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 473(kcal)
- Fat 35.0g
- Saturates 11.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.