Japanese-style salmon and vegetable curry
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
- 2tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into chunks
- 100g Chinese curry paste (we used Blue Dragon)
- 250ml hot vegetable stock
- 1 small cauliflower, cut into florets
- 4 x 125g salmon fillets
- 2tbsp teriyaki sauce
- 200g green beans
- ½ lime, cut in wedges (optional)
Swap the salmon for white fish instead - try cod or sea bass.
- Heat 1tbsp oil in a pan, add the sweet potato and fry gently for 4-5 mins. Pour over the curry sauce and stock, gently simmer, covered, for 10-15 mins until the potato is almost cooked through.
- Add the cauliflower and replace the lid continue cooking while you cook the salmon.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan and add the salmon fillets, skin side down. Cook on a high heat for 3-4 mins until crisp, turn over and cook for 2-3 mins until cooked through, basting regularly with the teriakye sauce.
- When the salmon is almost cooked add the green beans to the curry sauce and cook until tender. Serve with lime wedges, if you like.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 457(kcal)
- Fat 25.0g
- Saturates 5.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.