Spicy chorizo and prawn pasta
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
This spicy chorizo and prawn pasta brings spaghetti, warming chorizo and rich cherry tomatoes together to make one mouth-watering dish. The Spanish flavours of the prawn and chorizo dish will warm you through. This dish is the perfect way to use up leftover prawns and can be ready in just 30 mins and serves 4 people. Any leftovers can be kept in the fridge for up 2 days, but we'd recommend eating this dish fresh as the prawns are best eaten straight away.
- 300g spaghetti
- 120g chorizo pieces
- 1tsp olive oil
- 200g raw king prawns
- 350ml cherry tomato pasta sauce
- small handful parsley, chopped
If you don't have spaghetti in the cupboard you could use penne, bows or your favourite shape instead!
- Cook the pasta according to pack instructions, drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, dry fry the chorizo in a large frying pan until beginning to crisp, add the prawns and cook for 1-2 mins on each side. Pour over the tomato sauce and rinse out the jar with 150ml water.
- Add the drained pasta to the pan along with the parsley and toss until well covered with sauce and heated through. Serve scattered with parsley.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 433(kcal)
- Fat 10.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.