Pizza jacket potatoes
Costs: Cheap as chips
Skill level: Easy peasy
Put out a selection of veg and let the kids build their own ‘pizzas' – you’ll be amazed what they’ll cram in!
- 2 jacket potatoes
- 1tsp olive oil
- ½ red and yellow pepper, chopped
- 1tbsp black olives, chopped
- 100g ball mozzarella, chopped
- 4 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2tbsp pesto or pizza sauce
- fresh basil (optional)
- 50g sliced pepperoni
- Heat the oven to 200C, gas 6. Prick the potatoes a few times with a fork, rub with olive oil (and salt and pepper if you like). Bake the jackets for around 1hr, until they are very soft in the middle. Alternatively, microwave on high for around 10 mins.
- Halve the cooked potatoes and scoop out the flesh, leaving a rim of potato behind as a shell. Mash the potato filling in a bowl with the olive oil, pepper, olives and pesto or tomato sauce. Stuff the filling back into the potato shells and top with the mozzarella, pepperoni and halved cherry tomatoes.
- Bake in the oven for 15 mins, until warmed through and the cheese has melted.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 263(kcal)
- Fat 15.0g
- Saturates 5.5g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.