Mushroom ragu with courgetti
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
- 1tbsp light olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 stick each carrot and celery, finely chopped
- 500g mixed mushrooms, finely chopped or blitzed
- 300g Quorn mince
- 2tbsp tomato puree
- 250mls stock (e.g Marigold vegetable bouillon powder)
- 700g passata
For the courgetti:
- 4 courgettes, cut into long noodles
- 1tsp olive oil
- fresh basil or fresh oregano, optional
This recipe uses Quorn mince but if you'd like to make a meatier version choose lean beef or turkey mince instead.
- Heat the oil in a sauté pan or deep frying pan. Gently cook the onion, carrot and celery for 10mins, until softened. Remove to a plate. Turn up the heat and add the mushrooms to the pan and fry until any water has evaporated. Add the Quorn mince, stir, then add back the vegetables, along with the tomato puree, stock and passata. Simmer for 20mins.
- Add the stock to a pan of boiling water and cook the courgette noodles for 1-2 mins, until just tender. Toss with a little olive oil and divide between 4 serving plates. Top with a generous portion of ragu and serve.