Roasted vegetable and feta salad
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Vibrant roasted vegetable and feta salad is dotted with pomegranate, rocket and herbs for a filling salad that's so easy but impressive. Make it as a healthy lunch or as a delicious side salad that everyone will love. This recipe is for two but you can easily double or triple the quanities to make more to share.
- 500g mixed root vegetables, such as parsnips, turnip, swede, beetroot, carrot
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1tsp za’tar or ras-el-hanout spice blend
- 1tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 50g bag rocket
- 4 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- 4tbsp mixed seeds
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
For the dressing:
- 1tbsp tahini
- 4tbsp Greek yogurt
- ½ lemon, juiced
Give this salad a protein boost by serving with cooked chicken or fish.
- Heat the oven to 200C, gas 6. Peel and chop all the vegetables into similar-sized chunks. Toss with the olive oil and spice blend. Roast for 20-30 mins, tossing halfway through cooking.
- Toss the cooked veg with the parsley. Divide the rocket between 2 plates and top with the veg. Mix the dressing ingredients with water, so you can drizzle it over the salad. Top with the pomegranate seeds, feta and extra dressing, if liked.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 473(kcal)
- Fat 30.0g
- Saturates 10.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.