Slimming World's spiced chicken and courgette couscous
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
This mouth-watering Slimming World's spiced chicken and courgette couscous is a hearty lunch or light dinner that the whole family can enjoy. It's really easy to make and is a healthy option when you're trying to be good. This recipe serves 4 people and should take 40 mins to make. Itís the warming spices that make this satisfying supper so memorable.
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp dried red chilli flakes
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp ras el hanout spice mix
- juice 1 lemon
- 4 skinless and boneless chicken breasts
- 2 courgettes, sliced
- low calorie cooking spray
- 500g dried couscous
- 6 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- small handful roughly chopped fresh mint
Ras el hanout is a classic Moroccan blend of aromatic spices and is available in most large supermarkets. If you canít find any, an Indian curry powder will be just as aromatic and tasty.
- Preheat the oven to 200C, gas 6.
- Put the garlic, chilli, cinnamon and ras el hanout in a shallow bowl and season to taste. Stir in the lemon juice and add the chicken breasts, rolling them around to coat well.
- Arrange the chicken breasts and courgette pieces in a roasting tin, spray with low calorie cooking spray and roast for 25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the courgettes are tender.
- Meanwhile, put the couscous into a bowl and pour over enough boiling water to just cover. Leave for about 10 minutes or until the water is absorbed then fluff up the grains with a fork. Stir in the tomatoes, roasted courgettes and mint and divide between plates.
- Slice the chicken breasts and arrange the pieces alongside the couscous. This is sensational served with a spoonful of harissa paste.