Slimming World's cherry and vanilla brûlées
Prep time:plus cooling time
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Slimming World's cherry and vanilla brûlées are a light, sweet and guilt-free dessert that are ideal for when you're trying to be good. Cherries and vanilla flavour work wonders together. Once you've perfected this recipe, you'll want to make it time and time again. Crème brûlée means burnt cream, but there’s nothing overdone about this sensational dessert. The contrast between the crisp, sugary topping and creaminess underneath is just heavenly!
- 1 vanilla pod, split lengthways
- 2 tbsp sweetener
- 400g cherries, pitted
- 400g fat free natural Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 level tbsp caster sugar
Leave the brûlées to cool a little before serving.
- Scrape the seeds from the vanilla pod into a small saucepan. Add 200ml water and half the sweetener and bring to the boil over a high heat. Turn the heat to low and simmer gently for 5 minutes. Stir in the cherries and leave to cool.
- Preheat the grill to high.
- Mix together the yogurt, vanilla extract and remaining sweetener in a bowl.
- Drain the cherries and divide them between 4 ramekins or small heatproof bowls. Top with the yogurt mixture, sprinkle the sugar evenly over each one and grill for 3-4 minutes or until the tops are golden and crisp.
For more delicious recipes or to find your nearest Slimming World group visit the Slimming World website