Strawberry trifle cake
Vary the trifle flavour to suit what you fancy – peaches and nectarines work well too.
- 2 large flan cases (we used Edlers)
- 120g white chocolate, melted
- 1 pack strawberry jelly
- 150g strawberries, halved
- 1x120g pot ready-made custard
- 600ml double cream, whipped to soft peaks
- a handful each strawberries and raspberries, to decorate
- Put one flan case on a plate to create a base. Cut out the centre of the second flan case so you are left with just the rim, then stack on top of the base. Pour the white chocolate inside and spread with a pastry brush, making sure the inner borders are also well covered to avoid leaking. Put in the fridge to set.
- Meanwhile, prepare the jelly in a jug, according to packet instructions and leave it to semi-set. Put the strawberries on the flan base and pour over the jelly. Place the cake in the fridge until the jelly is set.
- In a small bowl, stir half the cream into the custard and spoon over the jelly layer. Using a large spoon, dollop the remaining cream onto the custard layer and decorate with strawberries and raspberries.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 785(kcal)
- Fat 33.0g
- Saturates 61.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.