Indian spiced rosti and fried egg
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
If you're looking for something different for brunch or lunch, this mouth-watering Indian spiced rosti and 'fried’ egg is the perfect dish. Spiced with cumin and coriander seeds, this one-pot meal is filling, healthy and counts towards your 5-a-day. This recipe serves 1 person and takes about 20 mins to make. Amazingly, it's only 150 calories - perfect as part of the 5:2 diet.
- 1tsp cumin seeds, crushed
- 1tsp coriander seeds, grated or spiralized
- 1 small carrot, grated or spiralized
- 1 small courgette
- spray oil
- 1 egg
Serve sprinkled with fresh coriander and 40g salad leaves.
- Toss the cumin seeds and coriander seeds with the carrot and courgette. Add to a small non-stick frying pan and cook gently over a medium heat, stirring occasionally, until almost tender.
- Make a space in the centre of the veg, add a squirt of spray oil and crack in 1 egg; increase the heat and fry until the egg white has set.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 150(kcal)
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.