Real fruit ice pops
Prep time:plus freezing
Costs: Cheap as chips
Skill level: Easy peasy
Sweet and simple real fruit ice pops are made with fresh strawberries and mango. They're much healthier than shop-bought ice lollies and are easy to make too. These ice lollies take 10 mins to prepare, plus overnight freezing. This recipe makes 6 ice lollies but double the quantities if you like and pull them out of the freezer whenever you need them.
These ice pops are so easy to make - you could let older kids make them on their own!
- 250g strawberries, chopped
- 1tbsp runny honey
- 1 mango, chopped
- 4tbsp apple and mango juice
- Put strawberries and honey into a bowl and whizz with a stick blender to make a coarse puree. In a separate bowl, whizz the mango with the juice to a smoother puree.
- Fill 6 ice lolly moulds, or glasses, with the purees, making sure to alternate the two different flavours so you create a ripple effect.
- Stick in the lolly sticks and freeze for at least 4 hours, but preferably overnight.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 40(kcal)
- Fat 0.0g
- Saturates 0.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.