Rice Krispie stars and sprinkles
Prep time:plus setting time
Costs: Cheap as chips
Skill level: Easy peasy
The kids are going to love making these Rice Krispie stars and sprinkles. They're so simple and perfect for teaching your child simple techniques in the kitchen. This recipe makes 12-15 pops and take about 25 mins to make, plus setting time. Why not turn these Rice Krispie stars and sprinkles into a fun party game? Cover the table in a variety of sprinkles and let the kids get messy decorating.
For the best results, leave to set completely before eating.
- 20g butter
- 150g white marshmallows
- 175g Rice Krispies
- 100g white chocolate, melted
- assorted sprinkles and freeze dried fruits
- Gently melt butter in a large pan and add the marshmallows, stir frequently until completely combined and smooth. Remove from the heat and stir in the Rice Krispies, until completely coated.
- Spoon the mixture into a lined 30cm x 12cm baking tray and smooth over the surface. Leave to set.
- Once set, cut out 4cm stars and push each onto a skewer or lolly stick. Drizzle each star with the melted chocolate and sprinkle with the decoration. Leave to set before eating.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 153(kcal)
- Fat 4.0g
- Saturates 2.5g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.