Pesto pasta dippers
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
The kids are going to love these pesto pasta dippers. They're really simple to make and perfect for trying to get the kids involved in the kitchen - both cooking and trying new foods. This recipe takes 30 mins in total and serves about 6 people.
- 25g basil, finely chopped
- 3tbsp Parmesan, grated
- 4tbsp light olive oil, plus a drizzle
- 3tbsp fresh white breadcrumbs
- 3tbsp toasted pine nuts
- 250g tortelloni, (we used Giovanni Rana)
You could try dipping these in crunchy bacon or onion bits.
- Mix basil, Parmesan and 4tbsp olive oil in a small bowl. Drizzle the remaining oil in a frying pan and toast the breadcrumbs.
- Put the toasted breadcrumbs and pine nuts into a food processor and whizz until coarse. Put in a separate small bowl.
- Meanwhile, cook the tortelloni to pack instructions and drain. Serve the pasta with cocktail sticks and the dipping sauces.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 248(kcal)
- Fat 16.0g
- Saturates 3.5g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.