Slimming World's bacon and roast tomato pasta
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Slimming World's bacon and roast tomato pasta is a filling dish that can be on the table in just 35 mins. This recipe brings salty bacon, soft pasta shapes and plenty of veggies including broad beans together to make one mouth-watering lunch or dinner. This summery pasta salad is sure to become a favourite with you and your friends. If you have any of this pasta dish leftover, store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days. If you'd rather use another meat how about swapping the bacon for cooked chorizo slices, salami, pancetta or you could even cheat and use packet sandwich ham - we won't tell if you don't! This recipe is a speedy mid-week meal the whole family can tuck into together.
- 400g baby plum or cherry tomatoes, halved (a mix of colours looks great)
- 2 garlic cloves, cut into slivers or roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- low calorie cooking spray
- 4 back bacon rashers, visible fat removed, cut into strips
- 400g dried conchiglie or penne pasta
- 400g fresh broad beans, shelled (or use 125g frozen broad beans)
- 125g frozen peas
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- small handful of finely chopped fresh parsley
- pea shoots, to garnish (optional)
For the best flavour, serve at room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6.
- Put the tomatoes in a bowl with the garlic and one tablespoon of balsamic vinegar and toss well. Spray a roasting tin with low calorie cooking spray, tip in the tomato mixture and roast for 10 minutes. Scatter the bacon over the tomatoes and bake for a further 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the packet instructions then drain and tip into a serving bowl.
- In another pan of lightly salted boiling water, cook the broad beans and peas for 2-3 minutes or until just tender (frozen broad beans will need 5 minutes). Drain, refresh under cold water and drain again. Slip off and discard the tough outer skins of the broad beans.
- Tip the roasted tomatoes, garlic and bacon into a sieve set over a bowl. Whisk the remaining balsamic vinegar into the drained roasting juices and season to taste. Toss the dressing through the pasta and set aside to cool.
- Toss the tomatoes, garlic, bacon, beans, peas and parsley through the pasta and scatter over the pea shoots, if using.
For more delicious recipes or to find your nearest Slimming World group visit the Slimming World website