Prep time:plus setting time
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Microwave fudge is so easy to make with just 3 ingredients! You'll get smooth and creamy vanilla fudge with no need for a sugar thermometer - just a few stirs and you're done! This recipe is so easy and quick, it's perfect to make with children. Not only can they get involved with weighing and stirring, but they will also love to use their favourite cookie cutters to stamp out fun shapes and add extra decoration.
- 300g white chocolate
- 150g condensed milk
- 1 drop vanilla extract
For optional decoration:
- 25g melted white chocolate
- small handful sweets such as Skittles, M&Ms or sprinkles
Swap the white chocolate for dark or milk instead.
- Take an 8 inch square baking tin and line it with baking paper or cling film.
- Ask your child to break up the chocolate into a medium-sized microwaveable mixing bowl.
- Place the bowl of broken up chocolate into the microwave and heat on 50% power in 30-40 second intervals, stirring in between.
- Once the chocolate has melted and is smooth, pour in the condensed milk. Stir the chocolate and condensed milk together and place the bowl back into the microwave and heat again, on 50%, for just 10 seconds.
- Take the bowl from the microwave and quickly add the drop of vanilla extract, then give one final stir.
- Quick as a flash, pour the mixture into the lined baking tray. You will see that the chocolate mixture is already starting to firm up! Use the back of a spoon to gently guide the fudge into the corners of the tin.
- Place a piece of baking paper or cling film over the top of the fudge and use your fingers to smooth the surface of the fudge. Make sure that the surface is level, then place into the fridge to set for 1-2 hours.
- Once the fudge is set, you can take it from the fridge and leave it to come back up to room temperature before attempting to cut into shapes.
- Your child can have great fun using their favourite cookie cutter. Use the extra melted white chocolate to glue on the decoration. We made white chocolate fudge flowers and used skittles for the centres.