Chocolate, raspberry and vanilla ice box cake
Total time:+ freezing time
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
No-bake chocolate, raspberry and vanilla ice box cake recipe is a summer treat that can be prepared in just 30 minutes and sliced to reveal pretty layers. This impressive cake is circled with sponge fingers and filled with three different flavours of ice cream, making each bite of the cake refreshing and creamy. It's perfect for making a delicious dessert without even having to turn on the oven!
- 1 medium sponge flan case, edge removed (we used Edlers)
- About 26 sponge fingers
- 350g chocolate ice cream, slightly softened
- 350g raspberry ice cream or sorbet, slightly softened
- 350g vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- Dark chocolate curls, to decorate
You could try this recipe using other ice cream flavours - how about mint choc chip, coffee or coconut?
- Line a 16cm round spring-clip cake tin with baking parchment. Put the flan base in the middle and vertically line the sponge fingers around tin.
- In a large bowl, whip the chocolate ice cream until smooth. Pour into the cake tin and spread with a spatula. Place in the freezer for about 10 mins or until slightly set.
- Repeat with the raspberry and vanilla ice cream and store in the freezer for 4 hours until very firm.
- Remove from the tin and leave for 10 mins before serving. Decorate with chocolate curls.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 403(kcal)
- Fat 20.0g
- Saturates 13.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.