Jammy Dodgers cheesecake
Prep time:plus cooling and setting
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Jammy Dodgers are a classic biscuit that everyone loves and this cheesecake is an irresistible take on the traditional biscuit. A digestive and Jammy Dodgers base, a creamy cheesecake and jam-swirled filling, with more jam and Jammy Dodgers for a pretty finishing touch. This no-bake cheesecake is quick and easy to make and children will love to get involved! It serves between 6 and 8 people which makes it perfect if you're making a dessert for the family and can be made any day of the week!
IngredientsFor the base:
- 200g digestive biscuits
- 3x Jammy Dodger biscuits
- 100g unsalted butter
For the filling:
- 700g full fat cream cheese
- 175g icing sugar, sifted
- juice from ½ lemon
- drop of vanilla extract
- 100g strawberry jam
For the decoration:
- 3tsp smooth strawberry jam
- 12x Jammy Dodger biscuits (you will need 2 packets in total)
Try this recipe using other biscuits too - how about ginger nuts, Bourbon biscuits or Digestives?
- First of all, melt the butter in the microwave, in a medium-sized, microwaveable bowl. Leave to one side for a moment.
- Place the digestive biscuits and the three Jammy Dodgers into a food processor and blitz the biscuits until they form fine crumbs. Or place the biscuits and Jammy Dodgers into a freezer or sandwich bag, seal the bag shut, making sure that all the air is out of the bag, and let your child bash the biscuits with a rolling pin. If using this method, you will need to tear up the chewy Jammy Dodger filling by hand or with a table knife.
- Pour the biscuit crumbs into the bowl of melted butter and stir to combine.
- Ask your child to tip the biscuity mixture into the base of an 8 inch round cake tin that has a removable base. Your helper can use the back of a spoon or use their clean hands to press the biscuit mixture firmly into the tin, in an even layer.
- Place the biscuit base into the fridge to set while you get on with the cheesecake topping.
- Weigh the cream cheese, icing sugar, fresh lemon juice and the drop of vanilla extract into a large mixing bowl. Pass a balloon whisk to your helper and ask if they can beat the mixture together, until it becomes smooth.
- Measure the jam into a small microwaveable bowl and heat in the microwave for 20 seconds or until it becomes runny. It will become very hot, so be careful. Place to one side.
- Take the biscuit base back out of the fridge and get your child to spoon the cheesecake mixture over the top of it. Next, place small spoonfuls of the runny jam over the cheesecake mixture in a random fashion! Use a cake tester, handle of a spoon or a cocktail stick to swirl the jam through the cheesecake to marble the two together.
- Smooth the surface of the cheesecake with a palette knife or the back of a spoon.
- Heat 3 teaspoons jam in the microwave in a small microwaveable bowl for a few seconds, until it becomes runny. Either place the jam in a small piping bag or use a spoon to drizzle the jam over the surface of the cheesecake. It needn't be perfect!
- Place the cheesecake into the fridge to set for at least 3 hours.
- When ready to serve, your child can decorate the cheesecake with the Jammy Dodger biscuits!
by Anneliese Giggins