Vegetable and potato salad
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Vegetable and potato salad upgrades the traditional potato salad to have delicious Mediterranean flavours. This veggie potato salad is made with courgettes, new potatoes and delicious sun-drenched tomatoes. We recommend cooking the courgettes on the BBQ as it gives a great chargrilled flavour and makes this potato salad the perfect BBQ side, as you can make it once you've got the BBQ going. Plus, it's under 200 calories a portion!
- 750g new potatoes
- 3tbsp sun-drenched tomatoes, oil reserved
- Zest and juice 1 lemon
- 1tsp sherry vinegar
- 2 courgettes, thinly sliced
- 6 spring onions, halved
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1-2tbsp Roquito hot pepper pearls (Tesco)
- ½ punnet cress, snipped
Store this salad in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days. Please note this salad is best served fresh.
- Boil the potatoes until tender, drain and toss in 2tbsp oil from the tomatoes, the lemon zest and juice, and vinegar.
- Meanwhile, toss the courgette and spring onion in the olive oil and cook on the BBQ until softened and charred.
- In a large serving bowl, mix the potatoes and vegetables with the sun-drenched tomatoes, pepper pearls and cress, and season.
Try our classic potato salad recipe.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 172(kcal)
- Fat 9.0g
- Saturates 1.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.