Breakfast yogurt ice lollies
Prep time:plus freezing time
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Make breakfast more exciting with these delicious and healthy breakfast yogurt and granola ice lollies! They are the perfect way of cooling down on a hot summerís morning; kids will never try to skip the most important meal of the day again! Get your little helpers involved with the stirring and with adding the layers to the ice lolly moulds. Try using different fruit to keep the novelty factor; there are so many different variations to experiment with. Who knew you could eat an ice lolly for breakfast, guilt free?!
- 100g blueberries
- 75g granola
- 225g plain natural yogurt or Greek yogurt
- 2tsp honey (optional)
Swap the granola for your child's favourite cereal instead - try Rice Krispies or even Cocoa Pops.
- Pour the blueberries into a small microwaveable bowl and heat in the microwave for 30-40 seconds, or until the blueberries have slightly softened but are still keeping their shape. Leave to one side for a moment.
- Weigh the granola into a small bowl and place to one side.
- Your child can now add the yogurt to the bowl of blueberries and stir to combine. If you wish to use the optional honey, now is the time to add it.
- Ask your little helper to layer the ingredients into the ice lolly moulds. First of all, spoon a third of the yogurt and blueberry mixture into each mould. Take half of the Granola and sprinkle a little into each mould. Use another third of the yogurt and blueberries to create another layer. Now it's time to add the final layer of granola and last of all, add the final third of the yogurt and blueberries, leaving enough space to insert the lolly sticks.
- Place the breakfast ice lollies into the freezer for at least 4 hours, or until frozen solid.
- Take the ice lollies from the freezer around 15 minutes before you are ready to serve. This will make it easy to remove them from the lolly moulds.
By Anneliese Giggins