BLT hot dog
Costs: Cheap as chips
Skill level: Easy peasy
Give your hot dog a serious pimping by giving it a BLT makeover. This delicious BLT hot dog is so simple to make, taking just 20 mins. Crispy bacon-wrapped hot dogs are sandwiched in a soft bun and topped with cherry tomatoes, fresh lettuce and mayo. It's like breakfast, lunch and dinner all in one and takes a family favourite sandwich to the next level. The whole family is going to love it.
These hot dogs are best made, served and eaten on the same day. Fresh is better!
- 12 bacon-wrapped chipolatas
- 2 baguettes
- iceberg lettuce, shredded
- cherry tomatoes, quartered
- mayo or natural yogurt
- Cook 12 bacon-wrapped chipolatas on the BBQ (or under the grill), until cooked through – about 10 mins.
- Divide 2 baguettes into 3 and fill each third with 2 sausages, iceberg lettuce, shredded, and some cherry tomatoes, quartered.
- Top with mayo or natural yogurt.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 479(kcal)
- Fat 15.0g
- Saturates 5.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.