Midwest American hot dog
Costs: Cheap as chips
Skill level: Easy peasy
Midwest American hot dogs are a real treat for parties or get-togethers with family and friends. Ready in just 15 mins, pimp your classic hot dog into this Midwest masterpiece, topped with sauerkraut, caraway seeds and plenty of mustard. These dogs are bursting with flavour and perfect if you fancy trying something new. This recipe makes 2 hot dogs, but double or triple the recipe quantities if feeding more.
Hot dogs are often best made from fresh so, prepare and eat these hot dogs all on the same day.
- 2 Bratwurst sausages, such as Unearthed
- 2 sub rolls
- small handful sauerkraut
- sprinkling of caraway seeds.
- mustard sauce, to serve
- Cook 2 Bratwurst sausages on the BBQ, until cooked through.
- Toast and split 2 sub rolls.
- Fill with a sausage, some sauerkraut and a sprinkling of caraway seeds.
- Add a squiggle of mustard sauce.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 428(kcal)
- Fat 26.0g
- Saturates 9.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.