One-pot tuna pasta puttanesca
One-pot tuna pasta puttanesca is quick and easy to make with little washing up. Tuna, capers and tomatoes have punchy flavours, plus it's ready in 30 mins! The grill takes your pasta dish to the next level by melting the cheese on top and making the breadcrumbs crispy. The whole family is going to love this and so will you, as it's under 500 calories per portion.
- 100g tuna in oil, drained (reserve a little of the oil)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes with sliced olives
- Handful fresh basil
- 2tbsp capers, rinsed
- 300g pasta shapes
- 50g grated cheddar and mozzarella
- Handful fresh breadcrumbs (50g)
Hide other veggies into this dish to get the kids eating their 5-a-day.
- Heat the grill to high. Pour a little of the tuna oil into a wide ovenproof sauté pan and heat the garlic. Pour in the chopped tomatoes and simmer for 15 mins. Stir in the tuna, basil and capers, and season well.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta shapes according to the pack instructions. Drain lightly, then stir into the sauce. Heat through, then top with the cheese and breadcrumbs, and grill until melted.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 429(kcal)
- Fat 7.5g
- Saturates 3.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.